Monday, October 6, 2008

High Stakes Community School

I absolutely LOVED class tonight. It was very engaging and everyone was able to be involved. I think it's a great method of teaching other than the traditional lecture. I wish, however, we had more time to discuss and debate the parts to the proposed comprehensive plan for increasing student achievement. I feel that as future educators, this learning style helps us prepare for the "real" teaching world by stating our opinions and trying to back then up with sensible evidence. Thanks for a great class!

1 comment:

Beth Gonia said...

I also enjoyed the class on Monday night. I found it to be a new and innovative way of focusing ideas and presenting them in a wider perspective. However, I also agree that the exercise would be better if all groups would have been able to present and maybe if students actually played the superintendent.